Thursday 22 July 2010

Planning next New york visit

Last time I went New york it was with college, we went for 4 days, its was good but it felt abit rushed, we got woke up and had to be out for 10am to go on tours, it was good but we didnt really get to do much.

So when I heard we were going to New york with uni I thought that I would plan some places to visit, places ive heard about and seen on tv, places I want to go again because I was to busy to notice things last time I went.

So to start off I was watching a tv program about art auctions around the world, and they were looking at new art work in New york and they stopped at a toyshop (well what looked like a toyshop) and it was full of cool little figures that artists have designed and made themselfs, I forgot the name of the shop so I went on a hunt and found some cool shops/galleries that arnt like the MOMA.

Theres:


http://www.kidrobot.com/Toys/

A cool toy shop with loads of old and new artist designed toys located south of Manhattan island


View Larger Map

Then I found this gallery that has shows and shows off artists work that you can buy if you want called Gaint Robot


http://www.grny.net/

Located south of the island to the east side

View Larger Map

I also heard last year that they had turned old train tracks into elevated parks above the city, I was looking on news websites and found a article about it with allor of pictures of it too





all these pictures and more can be found on the website I got them off

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/gallery/2010/jul/13/return-high-line-new-york




View The High Line in a larger map

1 comment:

  1. The New York Pass is like a credit card - which gives you fully cash free entry to over 80 popular New York tourist attractions.

    It's kind of like an all-inclusive holiday - once you have obtained your New York Pass you don't have to pay to get into any of the attractions covered by the pass.

    ReplyDelete